Information regarding data processing by SMARTIDIOM Group.
Under the terms of the legislation in force, we inform you that by submitting your application, your personal data will be processed by SMARTIDIOM Group (SMARTIDIOM, Lda. companies, VAT No 510300251 and SMARTIDIOM IT, Lda., VAT No. 513665102), headquartered at Rua Henrique Sommer, n.º 2, 1.º DTO, 2410-107 Leiria, Portugal, hereinafter SMARTIDIOM.
Your curriculum vitae and all the information submitted will be processed and retained only for the purpose of the current selection process and for any future selection processes. SMARTIDIOM is forbidden from using this document and/or the data contained within it for any other purpose or from transferring it to third parties.
We inform you that you have the right to:
• Obtain confirmation from SMARTIDIOM about whether or not your personal data is being processed;
• Access available personal data;
• Rectify inaccurate or incomplete data;
• Request the portability of your data;
• Revoke consents;
• Request the deletion of your data when, among other reasons, it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
You may exercise your rights by contacting SMARTIDIOM in writing at the above address or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Translator English (UK and US) – French (Canada)
More information about this job
- SMARTIDIOM is looking for new experienced translators from English (UK & US) into French (Canada) to complete our external supplier database. The candidates must be native speakers of the target language and specialised in the following areas of expertise: Automotive, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Life Sciences or Software.
- Translate documents into the target language;
- Produce and deliver high-quality translations, always respecting the deadlines;
- Use CAT Tools (SDL Trados Studio, MemoQ, Wordfast, Idiom WorldServer, etc.).
- Native fluency in the main target language;
- High proficiency in the main source language;
- Resident in the country of the target language (preferential);
- Advanced knowledge of CAT Tools (namely, SDL Trados Studio), Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat;
- Personal access to the Internet;
- Strong sense of responsibility, organisation and attention to detail;
- Stress resistance;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Full commitment to deadlines and project instructions.
The candidates must comply to at least ONE of the following requirements:
- Academic qualifications in Translation;
- Academic qualification in other area + 2 years of proven professional experience as a full-time Translator;
- 5 years of proven professional experience as a full-time Translator, if the candidate doesn’t have any superior academic qualification.
Observation: The candidates that pass the first stage will be required to take a Translation Test in order to evaluate their skills. SMARTIDIOM will require a digital copy of a stamped certificate of qualifications or any other type of document that indicates full completion of academic and/or professional studies related to Translation (as per international standard ISO 17100).
What we offer in return:
- Payment up to 30 days after invoicing;
- Free training in new tools;
- Professional growth in an equally growing company.
Founded in 2012, SMARTIDIOM offers innovative multilingual services, helping global organisations and brands to grow and achieve international success. Our solutions include technical translation, technical writing, website and software localisation, software and hardware testing, copywriting, transcreation (creative translation for marketing and advertising), subtitling, interpreting, narration and audio/video transcription. Actively present in 25 countries, SMARTIDIOM partners with clients from a wide variety of industries, including Marketing and Advertising, IT and Software, Telecommunications, Construction, Energy and the Environment.